Oliver has been sick quite a bit lately, but now he has successfully passed it along to me! I'm not amused but I cannot say that I am surprised. I am actually surprised though, that it took this long for me to become ill as he has really been sick on and off all month long.
About the house, we are moving on to some roughing in of the plumbing in our upstairs master bath. As you may have read on Steve's blog, the whirlpool tub and the shower base both showed up yesterday and were HEAVED up the stairs by 3 to 4 grown men and put into place.
I am now getting seriously nervous about everything coordinating aesthetically. I am nervous about counter top selection as well as the coordinating of all the shower/tub and floor tile going into the master bathroom. Then add the vanity and mirrors into the mix too! *SIGHS* I want dark and warm colors but I don't want too dark and I don't want too "plain jane" boring either!
We already ran into a snafu with the shower having a can light placed in the middle overhead when we are having a rainfall type large shower head placed there. Steve wanted the light and forgot about the shower head that I want. So, either we move the can light to an off center position or eliminate the can light altogether. Solution: Remove can light altogether. Works for me!
For the exterior of the front of our home, we are currently investigating Eldorado Stone facades. There are various design lines available nationwide and we are still trying to see samples in person, but from the website, we like:
Shadow Rock- Color: Shenandoah
Hillstone- Color: Verona
Mountain Ledge- Color: Durango
This site for Eldorado is awesome as far as photo galleries, etc. Steve is trying to find a Distributor that he looked up and is located near his work. Maybe this weekend we will have to take a mini field trip and bring Oliver out with us to see samples so we can make a decision. Before we know it, it will be time for the siding and the rock wall and chimney facades to be done.
I am also currently surfing the internet for various needed items such as:
Changing Table System
(difficulty in finding appropriate one for Oliver's size and weight; Use in Health & Fitness Room)
Dresser &/or Armoire
(Cherry finish; for Oliver's Bedroom)
Curtains/Drapes
For: Master Bedroom; All 3 Kid Bedrooms (Ian and Evan share a room); Teen Room -may use Denim curtains I have already; Health and Fitness Room; Medical Storage/Work Room; Living Room & Dining Room- both are bay windows now; Kitchen- window over sink; Laundry Room; Steve & my Workroom-doubt he will let me hang a curtain tho! :)~
Furniture/Seating
Arm Chair- Oliver's Room; Couch- Family Room; Couch- Living Room; 2 Chairs & 1 Accent Table- Reading Nook Master Bedroom
Bathroom Accessories
Master Bath; Existing Full Bath- Kids' use as well as use as main bathroom of home
Okay that is all my brain can spit out for now. It must be time for some more ibuprofen and decongestant because I am hurting:(
Later Alligator!
About the house, we are moving on to some roughing in of the plumbing in our upstairs master bath. As you may have read on Steve's blog, the whirlpool tub and the shower base both showed up yesterday and were HEAVED up the stairs by 3 to 4 grown men and put into place.
I am now getting seriously nervous about everything coordinating aesthetically. I am nervous about counter top selection as well as the coordinating of all the shower/tub and floor tile going into the master bathroom. Then add the vanity and mirrors into the mix too! *SIGHS* I want dark and warm colors but I don't want too dark and I don't want too "plain jane" boring either!
We already ran into a snafu with the shower having a can light placed in the middle overhead when we are having a rainfall type large shower head placed there. Steve wanted the light and forgot about the shower head that I want. So, either we move the can light to an off center position or eliminate the can light altogether. Solution: Remove can light altogether. Works for me!
For the exterior of the front of our home, we are currently investigating Eldorado Stone facades. There are various design lines available nationwide and we are still trying to see samples in person, but from the website, we like:
Shadow Rock- Color: Shenandoah
Hillstone- Color: Verona
Mountain Ledge- Color: Durango
This site for Eldorado is awesome as far as photo galleries, etc. Steve is trying to find a Distributor that he looked up and is located near his work. Maybe this weekend we will have to take a mini field trip and bring Oliver out with us to see samples so we can make a decision. Before we know it, it will be time for the siding and the rock wall and chimney facades to be done.
I am also currently surfing the internet for various needed items such as:
Changing Table System
(difficulty in finding appropriate one for Oliver's size and weight; Use in Health & Fitness Room)
Dresser &/or Armoire
(Cherry finish; for Oliver's Bedroom)
Curtains/Drapes
For: Master Bedroom; All 3 Kid Bedrooms (Ian and Evan share a room); Teen Room -may use Denim curtains I have already; Health and Fitness Room; Medical Storage/Work Room; Living Room & Dining Room- both are bay windows now; Kitchen- window over sink; Laundry Room; Steve & my Workroom-doubt he will let me hang a curtain tho! :)~
Furniture/Seating
Arm Chair- Oliver's Room; Couch- Family Room; Couch- Living Room; 2 Chairs & 1 Accent Table- Reading Nook Master Bedroom
Bathroom Accessories
Master Bath; Existing Full Bath- Kids' use as well as use as main bathroom of home
Okay that is all my brain can spit out for now. It must be time for some more ibuprofen and decongestant because I am hurting:(
Later Alligator!
No comments:
Post a Comment