Yah, it happened to Steve, Oliver and I first! We were kicked out of our bedroom as of last night. Steve worked really hard to get our room dismantled and ready for the framers to break through the exterior wall of our room to make the hallway that will be a continuation of the existing upstairs hallway into the addition.
You are wondering where we are sleeping now...aren't you? Well, Oliver, first of all, has had a crib in the livingroom ever since we had to get out of the family room downstairs. So, Oliver now naps in the afternoons and sleeps all night in his crib and doesn't even seem to care one iota about any of these changes. He just loves, loves, loves to snuggle down for rest/sleep in either his crib or his bed.
What? You want to know where Steve and I are sleeping?? HAHAHA! Yah, I guess I cannot avoid that question for long. We are back to sleeping on the floor.......on the Dining Room floor (now a temporary office for me) and this time w/out a mattress! 2.5 years we spent sleeping each night together on a single mattress on the floor in the family room with Oliver in his crib, just to be able to all be in the same room together. So after a few months of sleeping in our own bedroom and in our own Queen size bed again, construction progress now has us CAMPING OUT again!
NOOOO! There will most certainly NOT be photos of this to show all of you! I am less and less a morning person now and would likely flush any camera down the toliet that was EVER aimed at me before 9am!
As far as picking out items for the house, we are currently on the verge of a decision on a whirlpool tub for our Master Bath. There are size requirements, therapeutic considerations for Oliver, etc to factor into the decision also. I personally would like to have a Jacuzzi brand "Fuzion" Model F500 or the Kohler "Riverbath Quadrangle" Model K1360-H2. But the Jacuzzi brand "Bianca" Model is also an option too, though it is really a bare bones whirlpool and may not really be everything we need it to be.
Also, we have to make a decision about driveway material. CONCRETE vs asphalt! Can you tell what I want! I have my reasons too. With all the coming and going for Ian, Evan, Ilse, and Oliver for school, dr. app'ts, and general running around the neighborhood to friends' houses and for errands....Asphalt is just too hot in the summer! It also makes the house too hot when it is laid right up alongside the house. I also think that concrete is a much cleaner look in addition to it being more durable. We will see what happens. We have to decide no later than this coming Friday.
I heard today that our windows are scheduled to leave the factory in some po-dunk town near the Canadian border Friday and will be on their way to arrive on-site probably Monday. YIPPEE!
Someone was out in our front and back yards tonight, about 4:30pm after all of our construction crew went home for the day. He was locating and marking for pipes (water lines/sewer lines, I suppose). I know the plumber is on deck, at least I think he is! (Superior Plumbing) Mike, the plumber, is also getting married this Saturday. This is according to Mark, Sr. who is to be the Best Man! (unless all of that is a bunch of bologna, which I am aware that Mark is very likely to dish out to me to see if "the blonde" falls for it!)
Ok, enough for now. Time to get my family ready for a beef stew dinner and Sign Language classes and get myself off to my Family Advisory Board meeting at Loyola Univ. Medical Center. Busy, Busy, Busy!
You are wondering where we are sleeping now...aren't you? Well, Oliver, first of all, has had a crib in the livingroom ever since we had to get out of the family room downstairs. So, Oliver now naps in the afternoons and sleeps all night in his crib and doesn't even seem to care one iota about any of these changes. He just loves, loves, loves to snuggle down for rest/sleep in either his crib or his bed.
What? You want to know where Steve and I are sleeping?? HAHAHA! Yah, I guess I cannot avoid that question for long. We are back to sleeping on the floor.......on the Dining Room floor (now a temporary office for me) and this time w/out a mattress! 2.5 years we spent sleeping each night together on a single mattress on the floor in the family room with Oliver in his crib, just to be able to all be in the same room together. So after a few months of sleeping in our own bedroom and in our own Queen size bed again, construction progress now has us CAMPING OUT again!
NOOOO! There will most certainly NOT be photos of this to show all of you! I am less and less a morning person now and would likely flush any camera down the toliet that was EVER aimed at me before 9am!
As far as picking out items for the house, we are currently on the verge of a decision on a whirlpool tub for our Master Bath. There are size requirements, therapeutic considerations for Oliver, etc to factor into the decision also. I personally would like to have a Jacuzzi brand "Fuzion" Model F500 or the Kohler "Riverbath Quadrangle" Model K1360-H2. But the Jacuzzi brand "Bianca" Model is also an option too, though it is really a bare bones whirlpool and may not really be everything we need it to be.
Also, we have to make a decision about driveway material. CONCRETE vs asphalt! Can you tell what I want! I have my reasons too. With all the coming and going for Ian, Evan, Ilse, and Oliver for school, dr. app'ts, and general running around the neighborhood to friends' houses and for errands....Asphalt is just too hot in the summer! It also makes the house too hot when it is laid right up alongside the house. I also think that concrete is a much cleaner look in addition to it being more durable. We will see what happens. We have to decide no later than this coming Friday.
I heard today that our windows are scheduled to leave the factory in some po-dunk town near the Canadian border Friday and will be on their way to arrive on-site probably Monday. YIPPEE!
Someone was out in our front and back yards tonight, about 4:30pm after all of our construction crew went home for the day. He was locating and marking for pipes (water lines/sewer lines, I suppose). I know the plumber is on deck, at least I think he is! (Superior Plumbing) Mike, the plumber, is also getting married this Saturday. This is according to Mark, Sr. who is to be the Best Man! (unless all of that is a bunch of bologna, which I am aware that Mark is very likely to dish out to me to see if "the blonde" falls for it!)
Ok, enough for now. Time to get my family ready for a beef stew dinner and Sign Language classes and get myself off to my Family Advisory Board meeting at Loyola Univ. Medical Center. Busy, Busy, Busy!
No comments:
Post a Comment