Forget all of the links below for whirlpool tubs. We went over the architects drawings and some pictures of Grandma Cole's masterbath (we are basically doing the same layout she has), both with a magnifying glass and came up with a whole new tub! We went with the Kohler Infinity Bath- 6ft Whirlpool Tub model K-1368-H2. We are really happy with all of the features this tub has and now that we know that this size will work for Oliver's Aqua Therapy needs, we are great with the price too! We are getting the tub in plain old boring WHITE because we are doing neutral colors in there in general. We will have darker wood with the vanity and mirror frames and some color with accessories of course. So, as it comes together it will be far from boring as "neutral" often suggests.
On to some more choices that we've nailed down. The Shower Base for our Master Bath shower. Our Gen. Contractor, Mark Beasanski, enlightened us about "Terrazzo" products. So together, Mark, Mark Jr. and I got online and looked at suppliers, manufacturers, and color options etc. Mark Jr. was here so he helped me decide on the final color since Steve trusts my judgement and knows that he generally likes what I like. Again, a bit neutral in color but with a pattern that is different than most things you see, as Terrazzo is a crushed marble and portland concrete mix. Since we found a manufacturer here in Chicago, we can have the shower base done in a matter of a couple of days time! Mark loved that!
Today, I spent 3 hours with the ladies from Organization Unlimited. This is the part that gets time consuming-ORGANIZATION! I know that I am a very organized person, anal even, but what I am not is a woman with a lot of time on my hands. This is where Organization Unlimited comes in. We toured the addition and the existing house and talked a lot about what our family's needs and wants are in each room, prioritized which rooms are the most important to be done first, etc. As you suspect, there was a decent amount of discussion about the needs of our four children. Three Teen/Pre-Teens and a 3.5 yr old with special needs/medical fragility with a Nurse, Therapist(s), and Oxygen and Medical Supply delivery......... plus their two highly motivated, intensely involved parents is a huge undertaking, but Nancy and her daughter assured me that they are up for the challenge!
On a serious note, I sincerely hope I didn't scare the heck out of them with all the of equipment and medical supplies and oxygen tanks we are talking about having to use, store, inventory, etc. I'm glad that they both seemed excited about the health and fitness room and the educational nook in there, as well as eager to help each person in our family fit into this newly arranged home. We all realize that our family is a bit overwhelming especially the first time you meet us and our having an RN in house can be intimidating. So, I just want to say that these two ladies were polite, respectful, thought provoking, intelligent, funny and I am grateful to have their services so that we can make the best use of all of our home space and keep things organized and running smoothly! I believe that Organization Unlimited will help Steve and I keep running a tight ship!
This weekend will bring a few more decisions and purchases to be made. We have to choose a new front door, find some coordinating accent tiles and floor tiles for our Master Bath, and get going on a vanity, countertop, sinks and mirrors. Two sinks, two mirrors, one large 72in vanity, and a countertop to coordinate with all the other tile in the bathroom.
Ok, before I get off of here for tonight I want to tell you guys how absolutely wonderful it is to have Ian, Evan, and Ilse so excited about all the changes our home is going through. Every day after school they are eager to see what has gone on while they have been gone all day. But the best part of their excitement is that the minute Steve walks in the door from work, they stop whatever they are doing to go out back with him, climb a ladder if necessary, and get a walk through of all the construction progress. He explains the layout to them, shows them the changes, and tells the all about the finer points of the construction process. There is never ever one word of complaint or disgruntled behavior from any of them! YAY! Steve is just awesome and together the kids and Steve are building an even tighter bond, and I couldn't be happier!
Now I really am going. Tired Momma! Oliver is now asleep and the bigger kids are visiting their father this weekend so...Good Night All!
On to some more choices that we've nailed down. The Shower Base for our Master Bath shower. Our Gen. Contractor, Mark Beasanski, enlightened us about "Terrazzo" products. So together, Mark, Mark Jr. and I got online and looked at suppliers, manufacturers, and color options etc. Mark Jr. was here so he helped me decide on the final color since Steve trusts my judgement and knows that he generally likes what I like. Again, a bit neutral in color but with a pattern that is different than most things you see, as Terrazzo is a crushed marble and portland concrete mix. Since we found a manufacturer here in Chicago, we can have the shower base done in a matter of a couple of days time! Mark loved that!
Today, I spent 3 hours with the ladies from Organization Unlimited. This is the part that gets time consuming-ORGANIZATION! I know that I am a very organized person, anal even, but what I am not is a woman with a lot of time on my hands. This is where Organization Unlimited comes in. We toured the addition and the existing house and talked a lot about what our family's needs and wants are in each room, prioritized which rooms are the most important to be done first, etc. As you suspect, there was a decent amount of discussion about the needs of our four children. Three Teen/Pre-Teens and a 3.5 yr old with special needs/medical fragility with a Nurse, Therapist(s), and Oxygen and Medical Supply delivery......... plus their two highly motivated, intensely involved parents is a huge undertaking, but Nancy and her daughter assured me that they are up for the challenge!
On a serious note, I sincerely hope I didn't scare the heck out of them with all the of equipment and medical supplies and oxygen tanks we are talking about having to use, store, inventory, etc. I'm glad that they both seemed excited about the health and fitness room and the educational nook in there, as well as eager to help each person in our family fit into this newly arranged home. We all realize that our family is a bit overwhelming especially the first time you meet us and our having an RN in house can be intimidating. So, I just want to say that these two ladies were polite, respectful, thought provoking, intelligent, funny and I am grateful to have their services so that we can make the best use of all of our home space and keep things organized and running smoothly! I believe that Organization Unlimited will help Steve and I keep running a tight ship!
This weekend will bring a few more decisions and purchases to be made. We have to choose a new front door, find some coordinating accent tiles and floor tiles for our Master Bath, and get going on a vanity, countertop, sinks and mirrors. Two sinks, two mirrors, one large 72in vanity, and a countertop to coordinate with all the other tile in the bathroom.
Ok, before I get off of here for tonight I want to tell you guys how absolutely wonderful it is to have Ian, Evan, and Ilse so excited about all the changes our home is going through. Every day after school they are eager to see what has gone on while they have been gone all day. But the best part of their excitement is that the minute Steve walks in the door from work, they stop whatever they are doing to go out back with him, climb a ladder if necessary, and get a walk through of all the construction progress. He explains the layout to them, shows them the changes, and tells the all about the finer points of the construction process. There is never ever one word of complaint or disgruntled behavior from any of them! YAY! Steve is just awesome and together the kids and Steve are building an even tighter bond, and I couldn't be happier!
Now I really am going. Tired Momma! Oliver is now asleep and the bigger kids are visiting their father this weekend so...Good Night All!
No comments:
Post a Comment