...and I have 2 SICK KIDS at home! Poor Ollie and Poor Ian! Phone call in to the Pediatrician already yielded one call back from the nurse about Ian; HOWEVER, she quickly realized the nature of our SITUATION and forwarded Ian's info on to Dr. Mike as well {she informed me right off that Oliver's call was already routed straight to Dr. Mike}. I think that the Pediatrician's office has gotten a pretty good handle on this {Medical Home} idea for Oliver and kids like him...and I LIKE IT! Dr. Mike was ALWAYS available to us for Oliver's care ALWAYS, but it was hard to weed through his staff sometimes and make them understand the urgency &/or the acuity of what was going on for Oliver {not to mention the frequency with which we NEED to be in direct contact with his Doctor, not an office Nurse, etc}.
So, here we sit today, after calling off school for Ian {Sophomore} and Ollie {Kindergarten, Homebound} and also canceling Homebound O.T. for Ollie and I am SERIOUSLY hoping everyone is well for Christmas and Christmas break next week. Nothing is worse than being sick on Christmas/Christmas Break! I am wielding all of my MOMMY POWERS and summoning greatness from our beloved Dr. Mike as well.
Hold, please...phone is ringing....
{elapsed time...15mins}
Sorry, it was said beloved Dr. Mike and we had to discuss both sick Ollie and sick Ian at length; set treatment plans for the next 36hrs {as we cannot make it to a Dr. visit until 3pm tomorrow}. I also had to wake Ian and give him his handful of oral meds & hand him inhaler after inhaler so that he is prepped with his astham & allergy maintainence drugs for the day. Additionally, I got Ian started on his asthma Nebulizer Treatment of Xopenex. {Sighs} But, alas, I must end here. It is time to run down to the Fitness & Health Room on our lower level and prep Oliver's EO28 Splash Formula, as he is now 20 minutes behind! UGH!
Take Care to have a Great, Productive Thursday...and we will TRY to do the same here!
-Renee'
1 comment:
Ugh! Tis the season, I guess...that is a total bummer! I hope you and the Dr. are able to get a handle on them and they turn the corner back to health speedily. You go, Nurse Mommy!
Post a Comment