We made it through the Holidays...enjoyed them even, for the first time in a long time. We relished the calm & peace we found in having our family at home without the hussle & bussle of going to more than one family event. It was also my very first experience trying my hand at making a homemade Christmas Dinner. {Success all the way around!}
Now that 2010 has rolled in, we are knee-deep in the regular routine of our {Mundane} crazy lives! Our oldest boys are prepping for High School Finals {Yikes!} Ilse is trying to get back into her routine in Middle School as well. Lil' Ollie is started back up with his at-home Tutoring, Therapies and his neverending stream of Medical appointments!
We have had some bad news hit us, not entirely unexpectedly, right at the end of 2009 and when it takes affect this week, the trickle down effects will likely mean drastic changes for our family & even more stress. {Like we needed more!}
This will test the kids {even more} as well, which is ENTIRELY UNFAIR! If we could control all things, it would obviously not be happening, but...alas! {Sighs} Ex-Spouses are EX for a reason, Right?
So, onto more uplifting things....
As for Goals....Our Family Goals for 2010 are:
Live Simply, Love Freely, and Take Care of One Another
What are your goals for 2010? And beyond?
Who do you take care of?
What can you live without?
What can you do to save a little more?
How do you & your family members support one another?
All of the BEST to you and yours for the coming year and always!
{Reneé}
1 comment:
Ugh! I'm so sorry, whatever the news. Sounds like it's not good.
As for my 2010...well there's always the goal to get in shape and lose weight. How many years have I had that one? I also want to do less this year. Less busyness. I think I've learned some valuable lessons about where to spend my time to be more available to the people who mean more to me. And saving...I'm cooking more and I gave up my fake nails...which saves me time AND money. They just weren't worth it anymore...even if my natural nails are brittle and ugly.
We are very blessed with wonderful husbands and children, aren't we? Hope you guys have a fabulous (and healthy) 2010!
Post a Comment