26 January 2010

{Honesty IS the Best Policy}

...That's how the saying goes, anyway!  However, I've gone through several things in the last several years, that make me stop and give pause every time I hear the phrase.

Don't get me wrong, I BELIEVE the phrase to be true & correct...I've just had several experiences where I gave & expected {Honesty} and boy oh boy did it cause some nasty situations!  To be clear, I put forth {Honesty} but did NOT get it in return....and some of what I got in return was just plain
ugliness & falsehood!


Have my experiences over the last few years left me feeling jaded?  {Yes, but only around the edges!}

Has ugliness & falsehood changed my core values?  {No!}

Do I know how to better deal with these kinds of people now?  {I think so!}

Do I still hold on to the hope that people can & maybe will someday change?  {For some people, yes!}



Sometimes I just feel so childish & immature even to believe that people are telling me the truth all the time...just because I know that I am telling them the truth.  At 39 years old, it doesn't cross my mind to plot and scheme the way it seems some others do/have done.  I am a pretty simple person in that I am not someone you'd have to dissect to figure out my motives, etc... at least in my opinion.

{What you see is what you get!}

{I Tell it like it is!}

{Take it or leave it is how I see it!}

Maybe I am wrong about this, I don't know.  I have been wrong before about what other people's views of me are...but I have confidence in myself, my choices, my decisions.  I don't like to waste time WONDERING or WAVERING about what to do, how/when/if to do it, etc.  This is something I learned young, maybe I was just born this way even...part of my personality.  I believe it works for me and it works for my family.

 What I also believe works is the simplicity of {Honesty IS the Best Policy}
and I hope I never become so hardened by life, bruised by others, nor angry at the world
that I see it any other way!


Have a Great Day!

-Reneé

No comments: