OH YAH FOLKS! You read that right! The nurse scheduled for tomorrow has already cancelled through our agency and I will be NURSE MOMMY for TUESDAY TOO! Guess I won't be going Christmas Shopping, working on Christmas Cards, nor making that trip to Fruitful Yield for much needed meds for Lil' Ollie tomorrow after all.
The temperatures are dropping around here so I will send the older kids off to school and Ollie and I will hang out at home and do our thing {TOGETHER}, ie:
Weekly Weight 8:00am
Blood Pressure Check 9:00am
Deaf Education Tutor 10:15am
Speech Language Pathologist 2:40pm
and fit in all of Oliver's medications, feedings, and other varied medical interventions on his regular schedule while he plays, we read books, watch DVD's, practice ASL with "Signing Time" DVDs, etc.
Yes, this will take ALL OF MY TIME, but the day will FLY BY and before I know it all three older kids will be coming home from school on their buses. Oh wait...my 12 yr old daughter has a party after school for BAND and I have to cross my fingers that the "late bus" actually shows up to bring kids home at 4pm! UGH! {You see, Oliver cannot be taken outside in COLD temperatures and that makes it hard to coordinate and compensate for missing buses, etc!}
On a different note, we do have a partial list completed for Christmas Gifts we intend to purchase this year. I say intend because who knows how the next two weeks will play out, really! I mean, in a situation like ours, as much as we have a schedule and things are {the same} around here, quite frankly anything can happen and upset the best laid plans/intentions. It usually does too! We have learned to almost expect it, really, embrace those times even!
Well, time to get off this cursed computer...my link to the world-at-large...and go help bathe a sweet little 5 year old boy who wants nothing more but than to play with his huge bucket o'dinosaurs in the bathtub right about now.
Have a great evening & I will too! {wink}
-Reneé
No comments:
Post a Comment