I've come to learn in life, that there are two kinds of Selfish People.....the GOOD KIND and the downright rotten BAD KIND! If you had asked me a few years ago, I would have told you that there's only {ONE KIND} the BAD KIND of Selfish People. That was my only experience with Selfishness up to that point...all B-A-D BAD! I seemed to run into {PLENTY} of it too!
But, now...now that I have had a few years of {INTENSE PARENTING} under my belt, I see things just a little differently about Selfishness...there really is a {GREY AREA} that cannot be labeled BAD Selfishness. It is actually a {REQUIREMENT FOR SURVIVAL} in certain situations and I know those of you who {TRULY UNDERSTAND MY SITUATION} know of what I speak! You tend to GUARD yourself, your family...and closely too...closer than others understand! You are SELFISH with things that you cannot get back... {TIME, ENERGY, MONEY} and maybe even more SELFISH with important things like {HEALTH, RESPECT, FRIENDSHIP} and it's entirely possible that, from {THE OUTSIDE LOOKING IN} it all looks like your everyday, garden variety B-A-D Selfishness! I guess that is YET ANOTHER price we pay!
In our family, we choose to focus on all of {THE GOOD} even if it isn't what others call {GOOD}... It works for us!
Non-Conformity, Abnormal, Unique, Extraordinary, Miraculous, Different, Atypical, Special, Retarded, Disabled, Handicapped, Delayed, Scary, Obnoxious, Advocates, Overbearing, Dominating...etc, etc, etc.
We have HEARD it all & if we haven't HEARD it, we surely are aware of what is thought or said of us! BUT...
We'll keep on being who we are no matter what! Doing it OUR WAY!
Here's hopin' EVERYONE has the courage & tenacity to
DO IT YOUR WAY!
It makes you AUTHENTIC!
DO IT YOUR WAY!
It makes you AUTHENTIC!
-Renee'
No comments:
Post a Comment