19 February 2010

{Laughing at Myself}

I so didn't expect this kind of reaction to my post-op situation!  I knew I'd be rather clumsy as I am not Left-handed.  But more than frustration at my clumsiness, I am LAUGHING at MYSELF!  I am just not any good with my left hand at...well, ANYTHING!  I keep on trying though and that gets me laughing...better to laugh than to cry right? 

I am in bed, sitting upright...I have to sleep like this too...with a Electric Cooling Device strapped onto my shoulder with a large foam tube stretching from my shoulder down to a mini cooler that Hubby maintains with ice, adding more ice every 5 hours or so.  The cooler is plugged into an electric outlet on the floor near my bedside.  This FABULOUS device is designed to reduce swelling, minimize bruising, and provide some pain relief.  So far, I can only tell that it keeps me quite cold in general-not just my shoulder; also I have to adjust the tubing put of my way a lot in addition to disconnecting/reconnecting myself when I need to get up to use the restroom.  I have to LAUGH at MYSELF because it's such a process and I have a whole 24hrs more of it until I can take the Cooling Device off and use it PRN.  Hubby is being my Superman,  rescuing me when I need him and taking care of everyone else in the house too!

Here's my Polar Care 300...Beauty, eh?  Apparently it actually is MINE too...I don't have to return it to anyone after the 48hrs of continuous use...I asked!  Not sure what other uses I will have for this unit after my shoulder heals, but I suppose it'll  come in handy for anyone else in our family who needs ice therapy someday!

Time to {Blog Off} and review grades with one teenager...{Sighs}


{Have a Great Weekend!}




-Renee'

4 comments:

Michele O said...

I'm sure that steve can "reinvent" it for another use. lol. I can use my left hand just fine. just sayin'. I taught myself as a kid and have been dual handed ever since.

-Renee' said...

oh yah? I sorta remember you doing that! Braggart! lol

Leanna said...

We thought the same thing with ours after ACL surgery...turns out hubby had ample opportunity to put it to use because he forgets he is not the spry young man out on the basketball court and then has to ice his ankle, knee or whatever else seems to be killing him that week. LOL

Renee said...

Gets me thinking...Might be that there will be an all out fight over who gets to use Polar Baby...between Hubby who broke his back in Gymnastics in High School and lives with back pain daily AND Child # 2 of 4 (Evan) who just last week joined the High School Gymnastics Team as a Freshman and his WHOLE BODY HURTS DAILY! *Giggles* Ironically, the two of them have the same High School in common, which makes them "comrades in pain"!!