16 March 2010

{PT & Things}

Physical Therapy for my R shoulder is 3 days a week for about an hour to an hour and a half per session. Then, I have  a{ICE or Electric Stimulation}pplied to my shoulder...or BOTH!  This will be the course of things for about 4 to 6 weeks, FYI.

We are thrilled about the new warmer weather and have even turned off the heat on our 2 furnaces finally!  HOORAY!  I have high hopes of getting our teenagers to help pitch in around the yard and do some SPRING CLEAN UP work.  We will see how that goes!  Generally speaking, most teenagers I've heard of resist WORK at almost all cost...and our teenagers are about as GENERAL AS MOST TEENAGERS in the willingness to work department!  We are also hoping to get a break on the utility bills for a couple months before the AIR CONDITIONING has to be kicked on full-time!  We can always hope, eh?

Warmer weather also brings...GARAGE SALES, YARD SALES, AND ESTATE SALES- OH MY! These were a real HIGHLIGHT of our Spring & Summer in 2009 and  we are looking forward to them again.  We have plans to make the {adventures} even more enjoyable this year, we've decided to utilize the AWESOME Picnic Basket we received from a friend this last fall.  The Basket came complete with picnic ware and will go PERFECTLY with a fun, petite-sized {ODDBALL} quilt I picked up for about $3.00 at Goodwill this winter.  Picnic lunches while we are out and about will be lots of fun with these great additions!  So, if you see our Mini-Van pulled over at the side of the road somewhere, don't assume we are broke-down...we may just be {Picnic Lunching}!

Just got word that our Osco store is DOWNSIZING and the adjoined Jewel grocery will expand into the Osco aisles.  Part of what Jewel is doing is LOWERING the height of their top shelf in {ALL} of their aisles, thus creating a need for more total aisles. Additionally, they are likely to expand on their Natural Foods selections, etc.  I find all of this quite interesting; the competition between Stores, Brands, etc.  I, for one, hope for more GLUTEN FREE foods, though I am grateful that our Osco even carries ANY AT ALL!  For the most part, Fruitful Yield is our GO-TO place for all things Gluten Free for Ollie...but IN A PINCH when I need to, I do purchase the occassional Gluten Free item at Osco and I THANK GOODNESS I have that option.  I like having options, people!  Not too many options though... just enough to make my own, informed decisions about purchasing the RIGHT items for my family, for the BEST value I can find, with the BEST of ease!

Sign Language Classes for our family start up again in a couple of weeks.  We are excited that this session brings a new opportunity for Hubby to attend classes as well.  While he did attend for one session in the past, the timing and child-care concerns precluded his attendance for several sessions since.  Now, Ian, Ilse and I will attend on Tuesday Nights per usual while Steve and Evan will be able to attend on Wednesday Nights at a little later time {though the same facility} which accomodates EVERYONE'S schedules nicely!  Classes are still available to Oliver's Nurses as well, who are free to pick either Tuesday or Wednesday night to attend, should they like to do so.  Sign Language Classes through the Deaf and Hard of Hearing Program locally, are open to ANYONE who wants to take them & the fees are entirely REASONABLE!

If you have any interest in American Sign Language, please find these sites as Resources:








where I have entered {American Sign Language} as the Search info for you already!  Dictionaries are great resources but are never as good as a DVD or a live person to teach/instruct you.  Also, check out some American Sign Language history while you browse.  I have found Deaf Culture and the History of American Sign Language....Sign Language in general, fascinating!


Time to end here, for now!


Wishing You a Great St. Paddy's Day tomorrow!



-Reneé

No comments: