01 March 2010

{4 More Days}

4 more days until I get the stitches out of my shoulder...and I find out what fun is in store for {PHYSICAL THERAPY}. I cannot say that I am looking forward to it, but then again, there is no getting to the {other side} of this rotten shoulder situation without going through P.T. again, sooooo....go through it again I must.

Tonight we are headed out to the Park Ridge Library for a little early evening entertainment a al Signing Time Live Event...starring Rachel Coleman.  While we have had the pleasure of meeting Rachel (and her husband, Aaron) of Signing Time previously for a casual meal or two, we are excited to see our first Signing Time PERFORMANCE tonight!  We are very curious to see how Ollie will react to Rachel in Orange, right there on stage, signing and singing his favorite Signing Time songs!  Hopefully, it will not be too overwhelming....hopefully Oliver, Ilse and I will Sign & Sing along {with or without tears}.   Daddy is officially on-duty at the event....{also voluntarily at Rachel's beck and call} and we are not sure if he will be able to actually join us in the crowd for the peformance portion. We'll see! 

I'm bringing the Kleenex because even if Oliver doesn't cry,
I believe I will cry....like a baby!

No book, no Class, no Speech Therapist, no Sign Language Teacher or Tutor...has taught our family more Sign Vocabulary nor has anyone else made more of a difference in our family's ability to communicate with one another...than Signing Time!

We are forever grateful for the Coleman Family and what they have put together, for why they do what they do... and for what they continue to strive to do, to benefit ALL children and ALL families!

No one is {too old} to learn Sign Language; No one is {not smart enough} to benefit from Sign Language;  Yes, it does take time and effort...but aren't the Handicapped, Disabled, Deaf, Hard of Hearing, Autistic, Developmentally Delayed, Speech Impaired....etc, people in your life {in this world} worth learning a little Sign Language for?  American Sign Language is a REAL language, just the same as the Spanish, German, or French our teenagers are offered in almost every public High School in America!


So, before you think you don't have the time, or aren't interested...please, check out Signing Time online; Read their Story behind the creation of their fabulous company; and most importantly-

Open Your Mind to the Possibilities!


-Reneé

1 comment:

Michele O said...

Yes, they are worth it!. I am trying to learn and it's amazing how even hearing children/babies learn signs and make communicating easier. My 3 granddaughters are riveted to their seat watching Rachel.