03 May 2010

The Downward Spiral

I don't even know where to start, people! I Really don't. Not sure where exactly the spiral started heading downward, but downward it is surely headed! Truth be told it has been heading South for some time, quite some time. It hasn't always been this way though. I can recall brighter days of a somewhat distant past... but they are gone now. I've stopped asking myself why, wracking my brain for answers, clues, solutions. That takes time I cannot afford to spend.

What am I referring to, you wonder?


{Finances}

{Medical Stress}

{Job Status}

{Family Problems}


While any of the above can, has, and does cause us distress...Even a family with a Special Needs/Medically Fragile Child is not exempt from the added stresses of the world. No, what I am referring to is unfortunate declines such as..

Where there was once support there is now distance.

Where there was once kind smiles from strangers, there are many more frowns and gasps!

Where there was once understanding there is now confusion and denial.

Where there was once interaction there is now isolation.

Where there was once love there is now anger and pain.

Where there was once competence & fearlessness there is now uncertainty.

Where there was energy there is now exhaustion.

Where there was once embracing there is now exclusion.

Where there was once a sense of belonging there is now loneliness.

Where there was once respect there is now disbelief and conjecture.

Where there was easy success there is now hard failure.

Where there was trust there are now lies. 


I guess that our lifestyle as a family with an extremely medically involved child has taken it's toll in many ways, on a lot of people, and for oh so many reasons.

None of which is FAIR ...but it is what it is!




 
Some could have tried harder.

Some could still try harder.

Some never have tried at all.

Some never will try.

Some have to keep trying no matter what.


Some don't give a damn.

Some are doing the best they can.



Some care.

Some care from a distance.

Some don't even want to get close enough to care.




Some know.

Some really know.
Some don't want to really know.




Some take risks.

Some will not risk.

Some can never risk.




-Reneé





1 comment:

Carrie Stuart said...

Wow, Renee! It sounds like things are particularly rough right now. I don't know what to say...other than I will be praying for your strength and peace. You are a very special lady. Hang in there! *hugs*