20 December 2007

Planets Have Aligned....

...namely, those planets commonly referred to as COMCAST and FATHER TIME! Yes, I am able to get online because Comcast has our internet connection working tonight, for a change, and at the same time, I have time to sit down at this computer and BLOG!

So much has gone on in the last week. The biggest change, the most noticeable, is the hanging of over 120 sheets of drywall. We are finally seeing rooms take shape and we are starting to focus on what colors to paint walls, where to put cabinets, tiling floors/walls, etc. Also very beautifully noticeable are the new interior doors that are all hung throughout our house! WOO HOO!! I can hardly wait for them to be stained and show off their true beauty. Steve Beasanski is going to take on the job of making my custom "Dutch" door for the doorway between our Family Room and our Health & FItness Room tomorrow. I am very excited for that door to be made. It is too bad that we couldn't find a Dutch Door to match the 3-panel Mission Style doors we selected for the interior. But, having someone around like Steve B. who can custom make it for me is AWESOME!!! HOW FUN!!!!

With Christmas around the corner, we have been stocking up a few candy bowls every evening this week for the crew members working hard on our house every day. Ilse and I are having fun going into the addition every night to find where the guys have left the bowls, see if they have emptied them, and refilling each bowl with fun holiday chocolates. We even dropped a few mini bars into a couple of tool belts we found for a fun surprise this am!

Ian, Evan, Ilse, and Oliver are getting excited for Christmas........as are we as parents. We will likely have one really long night, staying up late to wrap every single gift. Steve and I usually watch a Christmas movie and/or listen to Christmas music and make a huge mess of the living room with wrapping paper, tape, bows, and labels for ohhhh I'd say 6 hours or more to get the job done. It is so worth it though! We hope Oliver will really understand a lot more this year about Christmas and that he will love ripping open wrapping paper now, etc. He likes the books we have had over the last couple of weeks about Snow, Santa, Snowmen, etc. Oliver spots Santas in photos, stuffed Santas, and he loves to hear, " HO HO HO MERRY CHRISTMAS!" over and over and over again! hehe!

Okay, time to go for now. I do need sleep! If anyone has good paint color ideas, let me know. I sooo do not want boring, blah, bright, nor mismatched paint disasters!

G'night All!

1 comment:

Steve said...

Need to put Ollie's new school picture up!