10 December 2007

GI JOE to the Rescue!!

I have been prohibited from calling Steve Beasanski "Barbie" anymore!! CENSORSHIP SUCKS!!! So, he will henceforth be known as "GI JOE" as per his request! That is, AFTER he announces to me that he has brought along his "Barbie Lunchbox" today! Yah, Steve B. is a closet action figure/doll freak! We are watching you now, man!

So, I went to school with Oliver today and while I was gone, there was a lot of insulation put up, some plumbing work, the beginnings of new siding on the exterior......and a few falls on the icy driveway. KEN!! LOL!!

We decided on a stone for the bottom of the front side of the house.....Eldorado Stone-Cobbler in Cognac. Then SOMEONE has to come up with the idea of adding copper to the top and bottom areas of the front 2 bay windows. So, out came the "copper guy" whoever HE is and took his measurements and is to get back to our GC-Mark, Sr. with a price. I do think that this will look really sharp, so we will see about the price.


A bit of surprise today...Mark Jr. already knows almost all of the alphabet in manual sign language (his sister was "into" sign language when she was younger and tried to teach him the alphabet)... WOO HOO! Pretty soon, we can cuss, tease, and badmouth SR. without him knowing what we're saying.......oh, wait a sec, we do that now out loud, right in front of him anyhow! JUST KIDDING! We respect you, man, but... DON'T JUDGE ME!

Got our Series 2, Volumes 1-7 of "Signing Time" DVDs today! (and the music cds also) YEEHAW!! Four hours later, Oliver is already fond of the first volume as witnessed by his repeated attempts to stop and restart the DVD after watching it from start to finish only one time. I am excited about these new sign language movies for our family.


For some enlightenment about Deaf Culture, I have been reading a book I found in the bookstore the other day... "Train Go Sorry" by Leah Hager Cohen. Check it out! It is a good read; about 300 pages; Though published in 1994, there is a lot in this book that is worthy of thinking about with reference to deaf children, educating the deaf, deaf culture, learning/speaking English vs use of American Sign Language. If you read it, let me know what you think. The subject matter is obviously an important part of our life now since Oliver is partially deaf.


Ilse..... sweet Ilse! This past weekend Ilse tried her hand at making a Gingerbread House while over at her father's house. Here's a fun picture of Ilse at work...




G'night All!

No comments: