29 December 2007

I Don't Blog Well....

...and not often enough, I know! Everyone enjoys Steve's blog and mine sits outdated and void of any new and fun information. But..

Tonight, I have jumped online EARLY and am attempting to blog while I eat the yummy dinner my husband made for me and the boys (Ilse is at work with her father for the day-possibly also for the whole night!). This week was a wild week. All the frenzy that is Christmas when you are a family of 6 and then add in doctor's phone calls, and Urgent Care visit, regularly scheduled Dr. appointments, kids and husband home for vacation, illnesses and surgery in the family.......and some CONSTRUCTION ON OUR HOUSE.......I am just counting down the days until my trip to Arizona to see my sisters, Jennifer and Michele, and my Mother, Step-Mom and Father! I get a whole week of sunshine, warm weather (70's or more), no children, and no harried schedule to maintain........and no drywall dust!

I will post some Christmas photos at the end of this post so you can see a bit of Christmas morning here in the construction zone!

As much as I love the changes that are taking place on our home, it is a daily adjustment to have all of the people coming and going from room to room 8am to about 5pm 5 days per week, excluding Holidays. We even have the occasional Saturday workday around here as well. I do have to say that Mark Builders and their subs have all been the most accommodating of our scheduling challenges as well as cooperative and understanding about Oliver and his needs. I really cannot imagine this whole HUMONGOUS project having gone any easier to date than it has with these fine gentlemen.

I am thrilled to have had Nancy Beasanski of Organizing Unlimited, over for a visit again this past Friday. We talked cabinetry, sinks, appliances etc for the kitchen. We also went over some stuff about tile for our Master Bath, storage and floor products for the Fitness/Therapy Room too. Nancy is very knowledgeable, funny as heck, and calming.......exactly the combination we need in someone that is helping us get through all of the gazillion details that we are surrounded by. She has the time we don't to investigate options, find suppliers, products, and deals, as well as having her degree in Design. She has a way of explaining things to Steve and I so we understand how our ideas can or cannot be implemented but also showing us how our needs can still be met. LOVE YOU NANCY! (Sorry Mark, we haven't used that L word before, have we? LOL).

I have to say too because I don't think I have blogged this fact yet.....WE LAUGH A TON AROUND HERE! I know you've read about some of the challenges that we have encountered during this process (for example, our recent two toilet "challenges" and much more), but every single day, even when I am exhausted and my migraine headache is a killer, there are always at least a few laughs courtesy Mark Builders crew and subs! These guys are witty, good storytellers, BSers, possess clever vocabulary, courteous, and appeal to all ages in our household. (Our son Evan, however, guilty for the most recent toilet flushing debacle, had probably best be barely seen and most definitely not heard for the next few workdays in the construction zone! It could be a matter of life and death for him!) There have never been any arguments, no cross words, and all of our phone calls and inquiries (even with the stupidest of homeowner questions) are met with a smile and AN ANSWER! We get results, immediate results. I LOVE THAT!

So, I'm flipping through the two Benjamin Moore paint color "fan deck" samples and I have to say it is pretty overwhelming. All of the choices and variations in color might just make this really difficult for me to nail down final choices. I have 16 different rooms for which to choose wall paint color. I know that I prefer all kinds of browns/tan neutrals as well as some greens and deep reds. Dark colors scare my husband (and Mark, Sr.) to death! WIMPS! So, one of my goals over the next couple of days is to make a list of rooms and select 3 possible color options and then narrow it down from there until I have final choices. SOUND REASONABLE?

Ok, time to get off of here for now. I have let my desk get out of control with paperwork that needs tending to and filing for 2007. I need a clean desk to start 2008. I also have to go online and pay bills and finally, I need to fill out my new telephone and address book for 2008. I have to start over every single year by filling in a new address book because of all of the changes that occur in our medical contact info. as well as friends and family members who have moved during the past year. I simply hate the scribbles that cover my book, A to Z, by the time December arrives each year, so I have made it one of my Christmas gifts to myself each year to buy and fill in new calendars & address and phone # books for the forthcoming year. I feel much more organized to start a new year off with this sort of order:)

Oliver has a poopy diaper and is heading off for that to be cleaned up (by daddy) and then its TUB TIME for the little red-head!

Hasta!

No comments: