06 July 2010

This is not My House anymore...

Recently, on one of our Garage Sales jaunts, Darling Hubby was kind enough to drive passed the old house where I grew up. We were close by, and finding no sales, he kept on driving. So, I directed him through the right intersections and onto the right street.

Now, over the years, I've dealt with the few exterior changes I saw at my first address:  New siding, Changing the location of the Front Door from the side of the front porch to the middle of the porch, etc. Minor changes, really, yet no one ever changed that gravel 2-path driveway though- Go figure!


But on this last trip by, I was shocked...Because what I saw was NOT my house, not anymore!





Someone had torn down my old home. They built this. I was in instant tears.
I took the picture to show to my sisters. I do not know how they feel about this, but I feel:


Sad

Nostalgic

Sentimental

Anxious


More than anything, I am sure that there is only one guarantee in life, whether we like it or not....and that is CHANGE!


-ReneƩ

1 comment:

Michele O said...

Yes, I was sad too. But, it was old and probably too difficult and expensive to remodel. It doesn't look like it belongs there though. I don't like the looks either.