Made some changes in our house recently. Asthetic ones, of course. Mostly I have been getting ready for Halloween with the kids- having a party after "Trick or Treating" this Friday. Our Livingroom and Diningroom are guaranteed to undergo BIG CHANGES on Halloween Night.....MUHAHAHA! Think...dark and spooky!
Also, we have put up some prints and such in our Master Bedroom to change the plain walls. (see Steve's Dadgineer Blog) Ikea is where I spotted some appealing tree themed pictures that coordinated with what we already had on the wall in our Master Bath. Now, the Ikea pictures and one large canvas painting hang on our bedroom walls!
I recently found a couple of those "rub-on"vinyl lettering/phrases made for decorating walls that I liked. Steve got those changes up on Oliver's bedroom wall and our Family Room wall this past weekend for me. THANKS HUN! These things require precision and Steve is awesome at precision!
No change for me on the cell phone front. Still dealing with my 2 yr old Motorolla Dash that has rotten battery problems while I wait for my new G-1 phone. I'm a bit aggravated that just because I "redeemed" my discount with T-Mobile to get the "best price" when I pre-ordered my G-1 via the internet, I now have to wait through the BACKORDER process! Now it may be as late as Nov. 10th before I get my phone, when other people can now just walk into a store and buy one right then and there!!! UGH!
CHANGES CONSTANTLY with our little Oliver's nursing coverage schedule! I am forever sweating the details of working out a monthly schedule that works for everyone when what is supposed to be happening and what WORKS FOR OLIVER AND FOR OUR FAMILY IS TO HAVE THE SAME SCHEDULE EVERY MONTH! I am so very tired of the CHANGES to the schedule and manipulation that goes on every month when our nursing agency scheduler attempts to work out Oliver's nursing coverage with Oliver's nurses! I would give up, but it affects Oliver and it affects our lives in such a huge way, so I keep on fighting the fight! Drives Steve crazy!
The leaves outside my windows are also making lovely color changes. It is definitely a beautiful Autumn here in the Midwest. Lots of golds, reds, browns, and yellows on the trees lining our street make me smile as I enjoy my favorite season of the year. It did actually SNOW yesterday though...large, fluffy, white flakes that didn't stick, but real snow! It only lasted for about 15 minutes, long enough for Oliver and I to watch from the Family Room windows and giggle at the sight!
November 4th cannot come soon enough! I know I am anxious and Steve is too! I believe one of Oliver's nurses is voting early so that voting will not interfere with her work shift here next Tuesday. THANKS AIMEE! Elections can bring CHANGE and the one we have coming up will bring CHANGE no matter which way the results come in. With one week to go, things are getting even crazier! I love politics, so I enjoy all of this, but I am almost looking forward to Nov. 4th like a major holiday-Steve just wants it over with! Steve and I do agree on for whom to vote, so that makes for a calm atmosphere when politics are discussed! Ian gets in on the discussions as well. Ian is an odd 14 year old. He is often more like a 74 year old man....talking about politics, WWII, gas prices going up and down, etc. He is very interested in History, etc. I really enjoy that about Ian. Evan, 13yrs old and Ilse, 11yrs old are both slightly less interested, but then again Ilse defends her political opinion most often of my older kids amoungst her friends! Interesting! Evan is next verbal, as they discuss politics and the election in 8th grade Social Studies sometimes. Ian, well, he has his own opinions and he forms them and keeps them to himself at school. I doubt there is much opportunity to speak about the election and politics in World History Honors (his current social studies req. class) as they study Greek Women, etc right now. Ian can be a quiet child at times, but at home he speaks his mind.
More CHANGES are bound to come....CHANGE IS INEVITABLE!
Also, we have put up some prints and such in our Master Bedroom to change the plain walls. (see Steve's Dadgineer Blog) Ikea is where I spotted some appealing tree themed pictures that coordinated with what we already had on the wall in our Master Bath. Now, the Ikea pictures and one large canvas painting hang on our bedroom walls!
I recently found a couple of those "rub-on"vinyl lettering/phrases made for decorating walls that I liked. Steve got those changes up on Oliver's bedroom wall and our Family Room wall this past weekend for me. THANKS HUN! These things require precision and Steve is awesome at precision!
No change for me on the cell phone front. Still dealing with my 2 yr old Motorolla Dash that has rotten battery problems while I wait for my new G-1 phone. I'm a bit aggravated that just because I "redeemed" my discount with T-Mobile to get the "best price" when I pre-ordered my G-1 via the internet, I now have to wait through the BACKORDER process! Now it may be as late as Nov. 10th before I get my phone, when other people can now just walk into a store and buy one right then and there!!! UGH!
CHANGES CONSTANTLY with our little Oliver's nursing coverage schedule! I am forever sweating the details of working out a monthly schedule that works for everyone when what is supposed to be happening and what WORKS FOR OLIVER AND FOR OUR FAMILY IS TO HAVE THE SAME SCHEDULE EVERY MONTH! I am so very tired of the CHANGES to the schedule and manipulation that goes on every month when our nursing agency scheduler attempts to work out Oliver's nursing coverage with Oliver's nurses! I would give up, but it affects Oliver and it affects our lives in such a huge way, so I keep on fighting the fight! Drives Steve crazy!
The leaves outside my windows are also making lovely color changes. It is definitely a beautiful Autumn here in the Midwest. Lots of golds, reds, browns, and yellows on the trees lining our street make me smile as I enjoy my favorite season of the year. It did actually SNOW yesterday though...large, fluffy, white flakes that didn't stick, but real snow! It only lasted for about 15 minutes, long enough for Oliver and I to watch from the Family Room windows and giggle at the sight!
November 4th cannot come soon enough! I know I am anxious and Steve is too! I believe one of Oliver's nurses is voting early so that voting will not interfere with her work shift here next Tuesday. THANKS AIMEE! Elections can bring CHANGE and the one we have coming up will bring CHANGE no matter which way the results come in. With one week to go, things are getting even crazier! I love politics, so I enjoy all of this, but I am almost looking forward to Nov. 4th like a major holiday-Steve just wants it over with! Steve and I do agree on for whom to vote, so that makes for a calm atmosphere when politics are discussed! Ian gets in on the discussions as well. Ian is an odd 14 year old. He is often more like a 74 year old man....talking about politics, WWII, gas prices going up and down, etc. He is very interested in History, etc. I really enjoy that about Ian. Evan, 13yrs old and Ilse, 11yrs old are both slightly less interested, but then again Ilse defends her political opinion most often of my older kids amoungst her friends! Interesting! Evan is next verbal, as they discuss politics and the election in 8th grade Social Studies sometimes. Ian, well, he has his own opinions and he forms them and keeps them to himself at school. I doubt there is much opportunity to speak about the election and politics in World History Honors (his current social studies req. class) as they study Greek Women, etc right now. Ian can be a quiet child at times, but at home he speaks his mind.
More CHANGES are bound to come....CHANGE IS INEVITABLE!
No comments:
Post a Comment