24 November 2008

Home

I'm Home!

I've been spending time back and forth to Phoenix, Arizona. My dad has been having medical issues lately and they are serious. In between my visits to Phoenix, Oliver has had some of his own serious health issues.

I am happy to be home, but sick now from maybe all of the travel or time in the hospitals... who knows! I am happy to be sick in my own bed, at least.

It's time to get some Christmas Shopping started. I can hardly believe I've typed the words....CHRISTMAS SHOPPING! Wow! 2008 has simply flown by so fast this year! It has been yet another crazy year in the Cole/Johnson household, so we will yet again do the bulk of our purchasing online. We have had much success with this arrangement for the last several years and see no reason (and have no time) to do things differently this Christmas.

IAN TURNED 15 YRS OLD TODAY!!! WOO HOO!! How exciting!! Hard to believe my oldest child is halfway to 30yrs of age! Ian reminds me that he is only one year from driving and THAT both makes me feel old and SCARES ME TO DEATH! Right now, Ian is trying to not get sick again. His asthma always complicates every cold and he is taking breathing treatments once or twice a day along with some cold medicine now, trying to get ahead of this.

All of my other kiddies...Evan, Ilse and Oliver, are doing well. I left all of them in good hands while I was twice away. Steve and Oliver's nurses did a fabulous job, just as I knew they would! It was harder on Steve this last trip, as we had nurses who were sick and missed shifts, but otherwise, things were pretty much as expected.

Ilse, our 6th grader, has her Parent Teacher Conference tomorrow night. It is a child led conference, so I am looking forward to it more so than the usual Conference. Ilse is probably a bit nervous, as she does tend to get shy when required to speak publicly, even if it will be just her father, myself, and her teacher present. Hopefully, it will be a fun, enlightening 20 minutes and Ilse will feel good about it when it is over.

I am looking forward to Thanksgiving, but wondering how I am ever going to get my Old Fashioned Baked Apples and a Pumpkin Pie made. I make them both every year for Thanksgiving to take along to Steve's grandmother's house for Thanksgiving Dinner. I will try to get to the store tomorrow for the ingredients I lack and bake on Wednesday, I suppose. That is at least a plan. It is always good to have a plan.

It is good to be Home!

No comments: