21 January 2008

A Little Fun, too!

What is there to life if you cannot have a little fun, huh? Well, that is what we had this afternoon just around the end of the work day for our crew from Mark Builders.


It all started innocently enough with the idea to use a

Window Chalk Marker- in Baby Blue


on a certain GC's van windows. It washes off, no harm done. But, SOMEONE was too chicken to do it...think JR...so, I did it myself! Yah, I ran outside in the subzero temperatures and "DECORATED" the two side door windows of an otherwise boring white work van!


Now, I know Nancy Beasanski will be rooting for me on this one...a little payback for all of the Barbies she lost to her little brothers acts of terrorism when they were all kids! HEHEHE!! This one was for you, Nancy!


So, after I "decorated the windows" our GC- Mark, Sr. decides he is done on our little job site for today and that he has to run two errands before he calls it a day and heads home. (One of those errands is to procure my highly anticipated wall paint for the painting process to begin tomorrow am. THOSE COLORS BETTER BE DEAD ON, BUDDY!!) So, I run downstairs to the family room where my partner in crime, KEN, is busily painting the ceiling a nice flat white. I show him the


Plastic Smurf Head (now soiled with flat white ceiling paint)


that I found in Evan's stash of SMURF STUFF and I hand it off to KEN as Sr. is headed out the back door to leave. As Sr. passes the family room windows (lovely windows too), KEN flashes the Smurf Head at him for what Sr. thinks is a good laugh! Little did he know, MUHAHAHAHA!, that when he turned his head back towards the driveway and got closer to his van.........and I mean closer, his vision isn't what it used to be.....he spots the following, written on his driver's and passenger's side windows:



PAPA SMURF !



Don't Hate Me Because I'm Blue!


Now, this is where the real fun begins....Mark, Sr. thinks this is all KEN's doing, so a Nextel conversation starts up, with all sorts of threats, laughter, and so on. I believe Mark, Sr. even said truckers were giving him funny looks as he drove along! LOL! Meanwhile, back at the farm, KEN was in the process of trying to paint our ceiling, laughing his butt off at Sr. and handle his

Nextel Cell Phone on a Pocket Clip


all at the same time, and then proceeds to ACCIDENTALLY slip when reinstalling his phone into it's clip and manages to have his ONLY CELL PHONE land smack dab in the middle of the

5 Gallon Bucket of Flat White Ceiling Paint!!

ROFLMAO!!


This is where I just about pee my pants laughing.........OMG! After, I finally stopped laughing. and after I give KEN a roll of paper towels and some all purpose cleaner, his phone looked like

a Nextel with some new white accents!

"IT STILL WORKS!" said Ken, through laughter and tears!

So I think KEN is on his way home now, and still trying to convince Mark, Sr. that this was a legit work related incident or some BS like that, and that Mark Builders should have a new phone with a camera here on the job site for him first thing in the morning!...Definitely a bigger laugh than I have had in I don't know how long! Thanks Guys!

Laters!

No comments: