02 January 2008

Happy New Year!!! I've Chosen 1 Room's Paint Color!!!!

OMG!! I am so excited! Over the New Years holiday, I got out of the house a little with Steve and we chose new floor tile for the Family Room (the reason we need it was a bit of a fiasco, but it was fun to choose the new flooring!). I also got a little time out of the house by myself, so I ventured off looking for colors and accessories for the new downstairs bathroom.

I hit the jackpot at the first store I visited! I wandered and scrounged around our local TJ Maxx bathroom department and found marble accessories and brushed nickel accessories too. Those of you who know me at all, know I am not interested much in the EVERYDAY stuff...I like something a little different so that there is something interesting about the room, etc. I was thrilled to find UNIQUE! So, the downstairs bathroom will be done in tan, dark sage green, and chocolate brown with accents of dusty, deep red. The tile in there is brown with trim tiles of a dark forest green, so everything will coordinate well. I showed Oliver's RN the accessories in the downstairs bathroom (I had set everything out to get an idea of how/if everything would work together) just to get another pair of FEMALE eyes to look it over. Steve thought everything looks just fine, but he also is more on the conservative side and worries and frets about anything too dark, too extreme. He has a hard time making choices that are UNIQUE vs AVERAGE....and he struggles with interior design and decorating an "empty slate" of a room because it is blank and there is nothing already in the room to start from.

Paint on the wall for this bathroom is by Benjamin Moore (our GC, Mark uses only Benjamin Moore) and it is color 3B-517. Does Benjamin Moore not use actual NAMES for their paint colors??? On the color fans I have to choose from, there are NO NAMES, only #'s and Letter codes. *sighs* Imagine trying to remember these codes to tell my friends when they ask, etc!

Ok, gotta run. Time for a fast shower so I can get Oliver off to a medical appointment on time! All 3 older kids are home from their short visit with their father, so we will all enjoy the winter weather for the rest of our vacation together. SNOW SNOW SNOW!! Oliver is in love with watching snow fall from the sky and I have to say it is truly a heartwarming thing watching Oliver be thrilled by something as simple and beautiful as snow!

LATERS!

No comments: