Meanwhile, children #1-#3 are now out of school for the summer, getting into late nights at their computers, sleeping in late almost every morning, and enjoying hanging out with their friends. We are about to reinstate "Family Fun Night" for the 2009 Summer Season. This season's Fun Nights will likely occur on Tuesday and Thursday evenings again. This gives Child #1, #2, and Child #3 a chance to bring a friend or two, get out of the house, and have fun for the evening. The purpose is to offset all the time spent either at home or in Dr's office waiting rooms during the day due to Child #4 having so many medical appointments. This is our third summer having this official Fun Night established and the kids are looking forward to it.
See below for pictures of our first three creations.

My 4th of July Apron

His & Hers Jean Aprons (made from a single pair of men's jeans)
I made my first attempt at I made my first attempt at making ShishKabobs this past week. Steak, various colors of peppers, and potato chunks...all grilled to perfection on bamboo skewers for a delicious dinner. Child #3 protested the steak; Hubby and Child #2 have been devouring the Kabobs- even eating cold Kabobs straight from the fridge! Child #1 has made no comment, but then again Child #1 is really only known for his comments when not in favor of something or someone. Child #4 still does not eat by mouth...and remains a vegetarian. All in all, I think the Kabobs were a hit. They sure were lovely to look at as well.
YUMMY!
Obsessed with "Burn Notice" on cable television and it is all Hubby's fault! He has everyone in the house, except Child #3 & Child #4 completely hooked. Hubby has even told our Nurses about "Burn Notice" and THEY are now hooked too! So, now every Thursday evening at 8pm, we gather around a television and watch each new episode like complete groupies! Other nights, it is episodes of NCIS...that is our second tele-obsession. *Sighs* I never got into crime shows...never was a fan of "Law & Order" or the likes thereof. Now, I'm a total sucker for two- though "Burn Notice" is not hardcore. I've caved!
I went to the local Goodwill Thrift Store for the first time tonight. It is a relatively new store to our area and I was curious about how this store would rate in comparison to other local thrift stores, including our local Salvation Army Store. I was pretty happy with my finds. I was able to thrift two vintage style nightgowns, summer weight, which I will put to immediate good use. I also found a variety of creamers to choose from, which delighted me to no end! I was upset when Child #3 accidentally broke my creamer from my current set, and I have been searching for something unique to replace it for several months now. Tonight, I was able to spend less than five dollars and buy 3 new creamers- all different styles and colors- to coordinate with the color & decor in my kitchen. I also found three new summer tops. Child #1 informs me that two of these three tops make me look "OLD". (See above for explanation on Child #1's tendency to be either quiet or negative) *SIGHS* I don't agree with Child #1's assessment of my textile choices tonight. I believe I have my own sense of style and can manage to donn these shirts in such a manner as to not only look stylish, but also to not age myself beyond my years! UGH! To be a teenager and think 30-something is OLD!
Well, readers, it's time to shut the lid on the ol' laptop and let Child #4 ease off to sleep, snuggled up tight next to Momma; His favorite place to be. We will dim the lights...turn all of them off except maybe the television...and Child #4 will have his classical music on via headphones...and Child #4 will sign to me, asking over and over for Momma to sign songs to him; Child #4 is very Hard of Hearing, but can still see my hands in the light of the tele; Goodnight songs; His favorite songs. I will ask Child #4 for Goodnight Kisses; Child #4 will reach up with his left hand (he is a Southpaw) and guide my chin to his face for a sweet kiss; The kind of kiss a special 5 year old boy will only give to his Momma.
Life is good!
1 comment:
Love the aprons, Renee! Can't wait till I have some pics of my own to post as well!
I'm so sorry about O's newest scare...what's going on? Send me a FB message and give me an update.
Take care!
Post a Comment