29 February 2008

Over a Month Since I've Posted...

...I'm a sinner and I'm going straight to bad blogger's hell! I know, I know! But, here I am again, trying to get back in the game!

I truly have been so very, very busy with my SICK family! By sick, I do mean sick in all ways; physically, mentally, emotionally- LOL! Honestly, there have been just a lot of fevers, a lot of mucous, a lot Kleenex, a multitude of antibiotics, plenty of trips to the pediatrician and family practitioner, and Osco Pharmacy loves us even more today than they ever have!

Ian has missed about 16 days total of school since January 31st due to double pneumonia and bacterial sinus infections. There was a week and a half in there that he did make it to school where we all thought he did recover but he came down ill again.

Evan missed 4 days of school earlier on in February with Bronchitis only to come down with a high fever and sore throat last night and is home from school today.

Oliver has missed just about all of his therapy and school for the entire month of February! I think he made it to one day of therapy at Easter Seals and had one session of Aural Rehab here at home this month! But as for making it to school, nope, not once!

I even came down with Bronchitis and a sinus infection myself! Miserable!

Ilse and Steve, however, it seemed, lived in a freakin' bubble! They were virtually like Sandy the Beaver from SpongeBob SquarePants! Unbelievable how they just walked amongst us and lived with us........Steve even slept right next to me every night and never even got one slight sniffle! UNREAL!

I am so ready to have everyone healthy, back in school, going where they need to go, doing what we all need to do, etc. We have an awful lot of work ahead of us to do on our house project and we need everyone healthy and happy and ready to pitch in and help out!

First and foremost, I am sooooo grateful for such beautiful work! I am so very thrilled that our addition has turned out the way it has. I just walk through it and stand in the rooms and get lost in a room forever thinking about how awesome the room is, how I can decorate it, where I can put the furniture, what I can do in there, etc. I do this the most right now with our Master Bathroom, I admit it! I am totally hooked on trying to figure that room out! I have never had a room quite like that bathroom and I want to do this one up right!

The tile work everywhere by Mark Jr. is beautiful and all of Ken's painting is crisp and clean! Bolingbrook Glass did our shower glass in the Master Bath and it really looks sharp! Superior Plumbing did all of the plumbing as well as the bathroom fixtures for us and they all turned out stunning! Our electricians, John and Jeanne, were great! They never wigged out on us for all the anal crap that we threw at them and all of the times we asked for more help and more advice! We just could not have had a better experience all the way around! Everyone on the Mark Builders Team and all of their Subs were amazing to work with and we enjoyed seeing them coming up the driveway each and every morning!

We now have about 3 weeks to get everything moved around now to the right rooms, reorganize, thin down to what is essential to keep and what is to be donated, throw stuff away, store what needs to be stored, etc. so we can move on to phase 2 of our project. We know that the harder part of the project is over, so that is good. We look forward to this next phase of construction: the decorating of the addition, the organizing of the addition, and the remodel of some of the existing. I am excited about making more decor choices during this next phase. Last time there weren't as many choices to make. Mostly paint color choices and Master Bathroom stuff. Now, I will get to choose some kitchen stuff, general decor stuff, more paint colors, organizational stuff..........and I looooove organizational stuff.

Ok, time to go get in line with all of the other crazy moms in minivans doing the carpooling thing at the elementary school! Going to stop for some refreshment first on the way! I deserve a nice bubbly Mountain Dew!

Later Gator!

No comments: