Hello All!
We got a bit of a reprieve from the construction chaos this weekend since there were no laborers in our backyard this Saturday! Instead, we had Ilse's school Halloween Party to go to Friday night! When I figure out how to post pictures on here, I'll post the one picture of Ilse and I in costume as Leopard and Hera, the Goddess, respectively. Ilse, Evan, and ReneƩ went to the party while Ian stayed home (he is too cool to go to Elementary School parties anymore). Steve and Oliver also stayed at home as Oliver caught a cold the end of this past week (think BOOGERS, BOOGERS, and MORE BOOGERS).
As the weekend comes to a close, Steve is now going outside, in the dark, to put all of our potted plants and decorations normally outside our front door, into our garage. Tomorrow's construction agenda includes the very real possibility that we will no longer have a blacktop driveway nor a concrete stoop at the front door. Instead, I am told, we will have a dirt path leading from the front sidewalk back to the construction area in our backyard and we will have a two tiered wooden temporary stoop. WOO HOO! Actually, this is all of very big concern to me because it means ALOT OF DIRT and possibly MUD.......and no more Autumnal Decor outside my front door for this year! *Sighs* Ok, I can deal with no decor, but I hate, hate, hate mud and dirt tracked into the house; especially now that we are all basically hanging out in the Livingroom because the Family Room is unusable for the next who knows how long. We have mats at the front entryway now and I sweep a lot more than I have ever had to and it is only going to get worse before it gets better. *Sighs Again*
Oh yah, and the reason my wonderful, dedicated husband is outdoors in the cool Autumn night air.... at this hour........instead of having gotten this decor/potted plant relocation task done in the light of day........EVAN! Yup, that's right it is all Evan's fault. How, you say? Well, let me enlighten you about Evan. Evan has been on DISH DUTY for the past ohhhhhh 2 months on and off due to various transgressions entirely avoidable for most folks, but when your 12yrs old and you still fight against the idea that telling the truth is always better than telling a lie......you tend to get into quite a bit of trouble with one's parents! So, Evan is unloading and reloading the dishwasher tonight, nothing out of the ordinary, until he announces to me that we are "all out of the green dishwasher soap, Ma, so I am going to use the green dish soap next to the sink!" To which I responded, "NO, EVAN! That is for hand washing dishes not for the dishwasher. Have you checked under the sink for more dishwasher detergent? If there's none there, go downstairs to the pantry and get more." Nothing more is said, so I think he is actually listening to his mother....I should have known that silence was going to be a problem! Soon, I hear the familiar sounds of the dishwasher starting to run and Evan's man sized feet clomping up the stairs to his room to read and "play" so I think everything is running smoothly tonight! WRONG! Steve comes downstairs from tending to a sleeping Oliver and finds the dishwasher standing in a foaming, bubbling white pool of water in the middle of the kitchen (its a roll away dishwasher)....then the clean up process, that takes ohhhhhh 45 minutes starts, involves many towels, removal of the bottom rack of the dishwasher, and all with, of course, Evan's active cooperation. When they were done, the dishwasher restarted safely, Steve asks Evan what lesson has he learned from this fiasco tonight........Evan replied, "To always listen to my mother!" I added, "The second lesson to always remember is that DISHWASHER DETERGENT and DISH SOAP are NEVER NEVER EVER interchangeable!" *sighs*
Time to go. Much prep work still to do tonight for a day at home with Oliver tomorrow. He is still to BOOGERY to go to school, so I have to call him in. I also have a list of about 4 other tasks to accomplish tomorrow while I'm home taking care of him SOLO!
Call tomorrow only if you really need me and try not to be offended if I don't even make it to answer your call!
Goodnight All!
We got a bit of a reprieve from the construction chaos this weekend since there were no laborers in our backyard this Saturday! Instead, we had Ilse's school Halloween Party to go to Friday night! When I figure out how to post pictures on here, I'll post the one picture of Ilse and I in costume as Leopard and Hera, the Goddess, respectively. Ilse, Evan, and ReneƩ went to the party while Ian stayed home (he is too cool to go to Elementary School parties anymore). Steve and Oliver also stayed at home as Oliver caught a cold the end of this past week (think BOOGERS, BOOGERS, and MORE BOOGERS).
As the weekend comes to a close, Steve is now going outside, in the dark, to put all of our potted plants and decorations normally outside our front door, into our garage. Tomorrow's construction agenda includes the very real possibility that we will no longer have a blacktop driveway nor a concrete stoop at the front door. Instead, I am told, we will have a dirt path leading from the front sidewalk back to the construction area in our backyard and we will have a two tiered wooden temporary stoop. WOO HOO! Actually, this is all of very big concern to me because it means ALOT OF DIRT and possibly MUD.......and no more Autumnal Decor outside my front door for this year! *Sighs* Ok, I can deal with no decor, but I hate, hate, hate mud and dirt tracked into the house; especially now that we are all basically hanging out in the Livingroom because the Family Room is unusable for the next who knows how long. We have mats at the front entryway now and I sweep a lot more than I have ever had to and it is only going to get worse before it gets better. *Sighs Again*
Oh yah, and the reason my wonderful, dedicated husband is outdoors in the cool Autumn night air.... at this hour........instead of having gotten this decor/potted plant relocation task done in the light of day........EVAN! Yup, that's right it is all Evan's fault. How, you say? Well, let me enlighten you about Evan. Evan has been on DISH DUTY for the past ohhhhhh 2 months on and off due to various transgressions entirely avoidable for most folks, but when your 12yrs old and you still fight against the idea that telling the truth is always better than telling a lie......you tend to get into quite a bit of trouble with one's parents! So, Evan is unloading and reloading the dishwasher tonight, nothing out of the ordinary, until he announces to me that we are "all out of the green dishwasher soap, Ma, so I am going to use the green dish soap next to the sink!" To which I responded, "NO, EVAN! That is for hand washing dishes not for the dishwasher. Have you checked under the sink for more dishwasher detergent? If there's none there, go downstairs to the pantry and get more." Nothing more is said, so I think he is actually listening to his mother....I should have known that silence was going to be a problem! Soon, I hear the familiar sounds of the dishwasher starting to run and Evan's man sized feet clomping up the stairs to his room to read and "play" so I think everything is running smoothly tonight! WRONG! Steve comes downstairs from tending to a sleeping Oliver and finds the dishwasher standing in a foaming, bubbling white pool of water in the middle of the kitchen (its a roll away dishwasher)....then the clean up process, that takes ohhhhhh 45 minutes starts, involves many towels, removal of the bottom rack of the dishwasher, and all with, of course, Evan's active cooperation. When they were done, the dishwasher restarted safely, Steve asks Evan what lesson has he learned from this fiasco tonight........Evan replied, "To always listen to my mother!" I added, "The second lesson to always remember is that DISHWASHER DETERGENT and DISH SOAP are NEVER NEVER EVER interchangeable!" *sighs*
Time to go. Much prep work still to do tonight for a day at home with Oliver tomorrow. He is still to BOOGERY to go to school, so I have to call him in. I also have a list of about 4 other tasks to accomplish tomorrow while I'm home taking care of him SOLO!
Call tomorrow only if you really need me and try not to be offended if I don't even make it to answer your call!
Goodnight All!
2 comments:
Evan's active cooperation lasted 5 minutes until he started getting in my way. He then retreated to the front of the TV. :)
Sounds like a wonderful weekend. It cannot be any worse than our dogs tipping over our outdoor trash bin and tearing up EVERYTHING that was in it.
Post a Comment